Photo: Interview with Garuda and Wirecard on stage at ATPS Asia-Pacific 2019 in Penang in August
Overview: The Airline and Travel Industry has an extremely complex landscape when it comes to how customers can pay for their global services. But the complexity of payments goes off the scale when it comes to how the industry has to deal with payouts to both customers and vendors.
To address these issues, we held the ATPS Payouts Powwow. The Airline & Travel Payments Summits having been going strong for the past 11 years. Since they have focused on B2C payments, the focus of this event was on B2B Payments and Payouts. Areas where airlines, hotels, Online Travel Agencies and other travel companies can find significant savings.
This conference imparted best practices to streamline paying out to suppliers and customers.
To see the presentations, please click on the link above and request the presentations from the "ATPS B2B Payments Special Event 2020."
Thursday, 27th of February
Welcome Remarks, Introductions & Overview of Objectives
• Mike Carlo, Founder, Xander Pay
• Laurie Gablehouse, Travel Payment Strategies & Solutions, Ingencio ePayments
The Issues & Challenges in Payouts for Airlines
• Pascal Burg, Director, Edgar, Dunn & Co
The Issues & Challenges in Payouts for Hotels & Other Travel Providers
• Jeremy Dyball, Head of Commercial, Amadeus Travel Payments
• Yago Casasnovas, Payments & Frand Prevention Manager, Air Europa
B2B Customer Payments Case Study
• Dennis Koehler, Global Head of Payment, Fraud & Treasury, Get your Guide
• Patrick Götz, Senior Key Account Manager Travel & Mobility, Wirecard
Digital Payments: Dealing and Managing the Fraud Risk for Payouts
• Kurt Knackstedt, CEO, Troovo Technologies
• Astrid Masle-Boer, Commercial Director EMEA, Wex Inc
Panel Session: Simplifying B2B Payments: Convenience versus Cost? Virtual or Real? Cash or Card? What's the best approach?
• Carlos Menendez, President Enterprise Partnerships, Mastercard
• Patrik Novak, VP eCommerce, Kiwi.com
• Peny Rizou, Group Payments & Fraud Director, eTraveli
• Jayson Westbury, CEO& Director, Australian Federation of Travel Agents & WTAAA
• Anthony Hynes, Founder CEO & Director, eNett International
• Shaz Iqbal, Airline ePayments Expert
Supplier Payments Best Practice: Cost reduction & revenue generating strategies
• Andrew Sims, Co-founder & Director, Apiso
Costs & Cost Savings versus Great Customer Experience: Can you manage all of them?
• Amine Boulaghmen, Head of Payment Facilitation Solutions, IATA
Managing in a Digital, Crossborder & FX World
• Basak Toprak, eCommerce Solutions, EMEA, JP Morgan Chase
Getting your B2B Platform Optimised: Lessons from AirBnB and Alibaba
• Masha Cilliers, Payment Ecosystems Consultant, Payment Options
POWWOW: Debate, discuss, challenge and share your opinions!
This ATPS Special is a POWWOW and rounded up the day. Delegates shared their thoughts and views on the topic.
• Paul van Alfen, Founder, Up in the Air Travel Payments Consultancy
B2B Payments within the Hotel & Travel Industry: A FinTech solution to save costs
• Mike Carlo, Founder, XanderPay
Will NDC and One Order mean anything in a B2B Payments World
• Ryan Harris, Director, JR Technologies
Service Interruption Recovery: UATP's leading edge solutions
• Wendy Ward, SVP Marketing & Communications, UATP